Rachael Finch has shared her remarkably simple recipe for a frosted chocolate cake you 'won't feel guilty about'.
The former Miss Universe Australia, 33, took to Instagram to show fans how to make the indulgent dessert with healthy alternatives including almond flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and a surprising ingredient: a splash of apple cider vinegar.
The model mum-of-two, who shares daughter Violet, seven, and son Dominic, four, with husband Mike Miziner, starts by whisking almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder and protein powder from her brand, Kissed Earth.
Scroll down for video
In another bowl, she whisks eggs, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar before adding a drop of almond milk.
Rachael then stirs the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture, mixing until smooth before adding boiling water until fully combined.
She pours the batter into a greased cake pan and leaves it to bake in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted - then turns her attention to the ganache frosting.
While the cake is baking, Rachael soaks dates in boiling water for about 15 minutes, then adds them into a blender with water and blitzes until smooth.
She adds cocoa powder and vanilla extract and blends once more before leaving the ganache to rest in the fridge.
Once the cake has cooled, she spreads the frosting over the top and serves.
The video, which been watched more than 55,000 times since it was shared online last week, received hundreds of comments.
'Definitely giving this a try!! Sound delish,' one person wrote.
'This looks delicious!' another said, a third added: 'I don't have your Kissed Earth powder but would love to try this recipe.'
How make Rachael Finch's 'guilt free' chocolate cake:
For the cake:
For the ganache frosting
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare a 9inch cake pan
2. In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder and KE protein powder. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar. Then add almond milk.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, mix and then add the boiling water until the mixture is all combined.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
6. Let cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes before placing on wire rack.
7. While the cake is baking, prepare the chocolate frosting. Soak dates with boiling water for about 15 minutes.
8. Place dates along with water and blend until smooth. Add cocoa powder and vanilla extract and continue to blend.
9. Set ganache frosting aside, or place in the fridge if it's a hot day.
10. Once the cake has cooled down, spread the frosting generously over the cake and serve.
Source: Rachael Finch Instagram